The Kestrel 5500 Pocket Weather Tracker is a complete weather instrument, offering all the features of the Kestrel 5000 with instant and accurate measurement of wind speed, temperature, humidity and barometric pressure and numerous other derived functions.
In addition, the Kestrel 5500 has a built-in digital compass. This allows you to track and log wind direction as well as wind speed. The wind direction is displayed in degrees and cardinal compass points. This makes the Kestrel 5500 the required model for HAZMAT workers, flight crews and military personnel as well as paragliders, flying enthusiasts and kite boarders who need to understand the impact of crosswind, headwind and tailwind.
By setting a reference target or runway heading, the Kestrel 5500 will automatically calculate crosswind, headwind and tailwind when measuring the wind speed. The digital compass can also be used to display forward heading with reference to either magnetic or true north.
The Kestrel 5500 also calculates and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data.
Kestrel 5500 Measures
• Dew Point Temperature
• Heat Stress Index
• Relative Humidity
• Current Wind Speed / Maximum Wind Gust / Average Wind Speed (mph, km/h, ft/min, m/s, knots and Beaufort)
• Wind Direction (degrees and cardinal compass points)
• Crosswind, Headwind, Tailwind
• Temperature (Air,Water,Snow) / Wind Chill (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
• Barometric Pressure (inHg and hPa (mb))
• Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
• Altitude (Barometric)
• Density altitude
• Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
• Exterior temperature, humidity & pressure sensors for fast & accurate readings
Kestrel 5500 Features
• Large easily read high resolution, high contrast display with backlight
• Time & Date
• Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
• Graph & recall trends
• Min, Max & Average values
• Automatically store measurements, when powered on or off
• Manually store measurements with the press of a button
• Customizable data storage – 10,000 data points
• Data charting
• Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
• Data upload to iOS & Android phones & tablets
• Data upload to Windows or Mac computers with optional USB Data Cable
• Data upload to Windows & Mac computers via wireless Bluetooth (LiNK Enabled Meters only with the optional Kestrel Dongle)
• Standard user-replaceable AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
• Drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards (10 drops from 4′)