Levenhuk Skyline BASE 120S is a classic Newtonian reflector that is ideal for deep-sky observing. You can see a great number of nebulae, double stars, globular and open clusters, galaxies – all Messier objects and some NGC objects are available for observations. You will be able to observe the Moon and the Solar system planets. The telescope is designed for beginner astronomers and will not cause any difficulties for astronomers who have not worked with advanced optics before.
A primary mirror with a 114mm diameter transmits a sharp, clear, and detailed image. Two essential eyepieces come in the kit with a telescope. The eyepiece with a short focal length allows achieving 125x magnification, while the eyepiece with a long focal length provides 25x magnification. Another optical accessory is a finderscope with a 5x magnification. It is used for precise pointing of the optical tube to astronomy objects.
This telescope features simple operation. The optical tube is mounted on an alt-azimuth mount that allows for moving the optical tube like an ordinary spotting scope – up, down, to the left, to the right. The mount is fixed on a tripod with a standard design. The tripod is made of aluminum and stands steadily even on rough surface. You can install an accessory tray on a tripod.
- Newtonian reflector with a 114mm primary mirror
- You will be able to observe all Messier objects and some NGC objects
- You can explore the Moon and the Solar system planets
- Simple-to-operate alt-azimuth mount
- Two eyepieces are already included in the kit
The kit includes:
- Telescope optical tube
- Alt-azimuth mount
- Aluminum tripod with an accessory tray
- 5×24 optical finder scope
- SR4mm (125x) eyepiece
- H20mm (25x) eyepiece
- User manual and lifetime warranty