The Meade Polaris 80mm EQ Refractor Telescope makes a perfect present for a beginning astronomer. With this refractor, you can observe lunar surface and Solar system objects. Light weight of the device makes it easily transportable.
The telescope comes with three eyepieces and one Barlow lens ? the basic configuration of the telescope gives you a wide range of magnifications. A Red Dot finder scope is used for quick aiming at a desired astronomical object.
The tube is installed on Equatorial mount. Such mounts provide quick and easy navigation. Slow motion controls allow for smooth movement of the tube, without jerks. A sturdy steel tripod ensures stable position of the device.
AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition software will help you learn the night sky. It displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can print out star charts and even plan your observing session. It operates on any Windows based PC.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out.
- 80mm (3.2”) refracting telescope delivers bright and detailed images that is perfect for viewing both land and celestial objects.
- Features a stable equatorial mount with slow motion controls that makes it easy to track celestial objects as they move across the night sky.
- Comes with 3 eyepieces that provide low, medium and high powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or land).
- Bonus Autostar Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows PC only).
- Includes a red dot viewfinder to help locate objects you want to observe.
|Brand||Meade Instruments Corp.|
|Package size (LxWxH), cm||106.17×29.97×23.11|
|Objective lens diameter (aperture), mm||80.0|
|Focal length, mm||900|
|Slow-motion controls||along both axes|
|Observed object||terrestrial objects, planets of the Solar System|