The Meade Polaris 114mm EQ Reflector Telescope is a quality instrument for observations of Solar system and deep-sky objects. This is a reflecting telescope that always produces bright images without chromatic aberrations. The telescope is ideal for observations in the countryside.
The Meade Polaris 114mm model comes with three eyepieces: 6.3 mm (143x), 9 mm (100x) and 25 mm (36x). Moreover, the package contains a Barlow lens allowing you to obtain many magnifications ?out of the box?. Red Dot finder allows for quick aiming on desired objects, while Planetarium software on DVD will help you to orient in the night sky.
The telescope tube is installed on a Dovetail plate. The reinforced Equatorial mount compensates for the diurnal motion of the night sky. The mount features slow motion controls; it also allows you to install motor drives. Steel tripod ensures great stability of the instrument.
AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition software will help you learn the night sky. It displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can print out star charts and even plan your observing session. It operates on any Windows based PC.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out.
- 114mm (4.5”) reflecting telescope delivers bright and detailed images that is perfect for viewing celestial objects.
- Features a larger stable equatorial mount with slow motion controls that makes it easy to track celestial objects as they move across the night sky.
- Comes with 3 eyepieces that provide low, medium and high powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or deep-sky).
- Bonus Autostar Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows PC only).
- Includes a red dot viewfinder to help locate objects you want to observe.
|Brand||Meade Instruments Corp.|
|Package size (LxWxH), cm||111×42.42×20.07|
|Primary mirror diameter (aperture), mm||114.0|
|Focal length, mm||900|
|Lowest practical power, x||19.0|
|Highest practical power, x||230.0|
|Resolution threshold, arcseconds||1.2|
|Limiting stellar magnitude||12.8|
|Eyepieces included||6.3 mm, 9mm, 25mm|
|Eyepiece barrel diameter, in||1.25|
|Tripod height (adjustable), mm||adjustable|
|Slow-motion controls||along both axes|
|Observed object||deep-sky objects|