The Meade Infinity 90mm AZ Refractor Telescope is a great model for the first introduction to the night sky. Its quality optics creates bright and sharp images. The 90mm objective lens allows you to see lunar craters up to 5 km in size, the phases of Mercury and Venus, Saturn?s satellites, the Great Red Spot of Jupiter, a lot of star clusters and galaxies and other Solar system objects and dee-sky objects.
The kit includes everything necessary for primary astronomical observations. Three eyepieces and Barlow lens allows you to obtain a wide range of magnifications. The Red Dot finder ensures easy and quick pointing at desired celestial objects. The included Planetarium software (DVD) allows for easy orientation in the night sky.
The tube is installed on Alt-azimuth mount. Thanks to slow motion controls, the tube moves very smoothly, without jerks. The mount is very easy to use, which is great for beginning users. The reliable steel tripod provides good stability for the instrument.
AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition software will help you learn the night sky. It displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can print out star charts and even plan your observing session. It operates on any Windows based PC.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out.
- 90mm (3.5”) Refracting telescope delivers bright and detailed images that is perfect for viewing both land and celestial objects.
- Features a precision Altazimuth mount with slow motion controls that makes it easy to track celestial objects as they move across the night sky.
- Comes with 3 eyepieces that provide low, medium and high powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or land).
- Bonus Autostar Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows PC only).
- Includes a red dot viewfinder to help locate objects you want to observe.
|Brand||Meade Instruments Corp.|
|Package size (LxWxH), cm||95.76×42.67×23.11|
|Objective lens diameter (aperture), mm||90.0|
|Focal length, mm||600|
|Slow-motion controls||along both axes|
|User level||beginners, for children|
|Observed object||terrestrial objects, planets of the Solar System|