The Meade Infinity 60mm AZ Refractor Telescope is a lightweight and compact refractor ideal for your first acquaintance with the space. High-quality optics ensure bright and clear images. 60mm objective lens allows you to see lunar craters up to 8 km in size, the phases of Venus, Jupiter’s belts, the rings of Saturn and many other objects of the Solar system. Moreover, this telescope can be used for terrestrial observations ? the kit includes a special erecting prism for this purpose.
This model comes with two eyepieces. It is recommended to start observations with a long focal length eyepiece, and then, for a more detailed view, use an eyepiece with short focal length. The telescope is equipped with a Red Dot finderscope for easy navigation on celestial objects. Convenient DVD Planetarium software will also help you navigate the night sky.
The optical tube is installed on Alt-azimuth mount. Such mounts are easy manageable even by beginning astronomers. Fine tune motion controls on the vertical axes ensure smooth movement of the telescope.
AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition software will help you learn the night sky. It displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can print out star charts and even plan your observing session. It operates on any Windows based PC.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out.
- 60mm (2.4”) Refracting Telescope delivers bright images that is ideal for viewing both land and celestial objects.
- Features an altazimuth mount with slow motion control rod for tracking celestial objects as they move across the night sky.
- Comes with 2 eyepieces for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or land), and a 2X barlow that doubles the magnification of each eyepiece.
- Bonus Autostar Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows PC only).
- Includes a red dot viewfinder to help locate objects you want to observe.
|Brand||Meade Instruments Corp.|
|Package size (LxWxH), cm||96.52×27.18×16.51|
|Objective lens diameter (aperture), mm||60.0|
|Focal length, mm||800|
|Limiting stellar magnitude||11|
|Slow-motion controls||vertical axis|
|User level||beginners, for children|
|Observed object||terrestrial objects, planets of the Solar System|