The LS80THa H-alpha solar telescopes can be double-stacked by using the internal DSII double-stack modules. This is a reasonably priced possibility for double-stacking. The DSII modules will reduce the bandwidth to <0.5 Angstroms. The DSII module is designed to provide enhanced surface detail, allowing for higher contrast views of the filaments and active regions.
The LS80THa/DSII module is designed only for using at LS80THa telescopes, it cannot be used at any other telescopes.
Please note: the DSII modules will also produce reflections that will be visible as strong glow around the Sun. This glow is no problem by observing the solar surface. But it could be a problem by observing prominences, and some observers find this glow distracting. This reflections could be effectively reduced by using the additional available anti-reflection-filter HRG80DS.
- Can only be used with an LS80THa solar telescope!
- Reduces bandwidth to less than 0.5 Angstroms
- Significantly more contrast on the solar surface
- Thus, more details on the Sun become visible
- Tuning: air-pressure tuning system
The kit includes:
- DSII module with internal Etalon for LS80THa telescopes
- Pressure Tuner system
LS80THa telescope not included!
|Brand||LUNT Solar Systems|