We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and according to the Safebuy Code of Practice.
Cookies are used on this shopping site during your visit. If you have disabled cookies for any reason your transaction with us will fail but you can, if you wish, delete cookies from your temporary internet files once you have completed your transaction.
We Explore Outside LTD trading as Explore Outside collects information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. Information that we hold about you will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
You may give us your Identity, Contact, Special Category and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- pay for goods and services;
- speak to or contact customer services;
- ordering our products or services;
- create an account on our websites;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact us through our call centre;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give us some feedback;
- by filling in forms, for example when you sign up to offers, news or a competition;
- by sending us emails and text messages (SMS or MMS);
- by adding posts, reviews and other comments to any of our websites, mobile apps or other community forums;
- by liking or disliking our offers and promotions;
- by interacting with us on social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter etc;
- by registering accounts on any of our websites or mobile apps including setting up passwords and preferred user names, contact details, account details, details of friends and relatives, your preferences and interests;
Automated technologies or interactions.
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
Title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth, and gender.
Billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us. These include:
- the time, date and location of purchase;
- the products and fuel you buy from us;
- any relevant delivery address;
- Internet protocol (IP) address;
- MAC address;
- IMEI number from your phone;
- your login data;
- browser type and version;
- time zone setting and location;
- browser plug-in types and versions;
- device model;
- device name;
- operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- information where you came to our site from, and where you went when you left it.
- your username and password;
- purchases or orders made by you;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Information about how you use our website, products and services;
- Information on what you view, click on access by way of our marketing emails and text messages (SMS, MMS), website and mobile.
How we will use information about you?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- When you consent to us doing so;
- Where we need to perform the contract, we have entered into with you;
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience;
- We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests;
- We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests);
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us.
If you have expressly opted-in to receive marketing from us we may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will never share your personal data with any company outside Explore Outside LTD for marketing purposes.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes by keeping your details up to date on your More Card and online shopping accounts.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access: To your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- No fee usually required: You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- What we may need from you: We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- Time limit to respond: We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Request access: Of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected. We may need to verify the accuracy of any new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure: Of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing: Of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which means we can continue to process your personal information.
- Request the restriction of processing: Of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- (b) where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it;
- (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- (d) you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer: Of your personal information to another party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time: Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.